ANALYST, PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
Dimensional is a global investment firm guided by deep convictions about the power of capital markets. We are a leader in applying advanced financial science to equity and fixed income investment strategies. By employing a rigorous and systematic investment approach, we seek to capture what the market offers in all its dimensions.
For more than 30 years, we have translated research into real-world investment solutions for clients. Our clients include financial advisory, pension funds, retirement plans, college savings plans, insurance companies, endowments and foundations, and sovereign wealth funds. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, with 12 offices around the world, Dimensional manages $577 billion globally as of December 31, 2017.
Dimensional Fund Advisor LP is an investment advisor registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
The Portfolio Management group manages global funds across multiple asset classes for clients ranging from large institutions such as superannuation funds and central banks, to financial advisors and individuals. The Portfolio Management group is responsible for strategy implementation, portfolio oversight, order generation, cash management and foreign exchange, corporate actions, and all other activities involved in managing portfolios.
We have an opportunity for an individual to join the Sydney Portfolio Management team as an Analyst. The Analyst is responsible for supporting the day-to-day needs of the Portfolio Management team.
- Perform analysis and coordinate global responses for events such as capital raisings, mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs, dividend reinvestment plans etc. for Dimensional’s global holdings
- Perform company and portfolio analysis and classification within the framework of Dimensional’s unique investment approach
- Daily communication with Portfolio Managers, Traders and Analysts in the Asia-Pacific Region as well as the firm’s offices around the world
- Work and deal with custodian and investment banks, brokers, portfolio and fund accounting teams, investor relations teams, and other agents
- Update and manage cash forecasts for multiple portfolios including Australian and international equity and fixed income funds
- Assist with portfolio reporting, including returns, market value calculations, and attributions
- Undertake projects such as: portfolio characteristics analysis, index rebalance analysis, creating and developing portfolio management tools, class action lawsuit analysis, and ad hoc data requests
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong quantitative orientation (eg, science, engineering, statistics, finance, economics) and will be able to demonstrate strong academic achievement.
- Further professional training that may include qualifications such as the CFA, FIAA, CPA, CA, Master’s programs etc.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to think in a structured and analytical manner
- Interest in financial markets and an understanding of Dimensional’s investment philosophy
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to absorb and apply information from formal and informal learning experiences
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint) essential
- Solid VBA for Excel and database/SQL skills well regarded
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, job assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, discipline, termination, and social and recreational programs.
Click here to apply