To become a regular or affiliate member of CFA Society New Zealand, you must first become a CFA Institute member. When you apply for membership in CFA Institute, you are able to elect a local society membership option. Or if you move to New Zealand, you can transfer your membership here.
To become an associate member of CFA Society New Zealand, you must apply directly to CFA Society New Zealand.
Benefits of CFA Society New Zealand membership:
- Network with peers in the industry
- Become part of an effectual and common voice to develop and protect the interests of the profession
- Stay abreast of trends that affect the industry in your market
- Take advantage of local professional development opportunities
- Socialize with industry insiders
- Take advantage of discounts on dynamic and educational local programs
- Access additional resources, such as job announcements and newsletters
Becoming a member
To become a regular member you will need:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/work experience
- A passing score for the CFA® Level I Exam or the self-administered Standards of Practice Examination
- 48 months of professional work experience in investment decision making
- 3 professional references
Apply for regular membership through the CFA Institute. During the application process you’ll be able to select the CFA Society New Zealand as your local society.
If you’re already a member of the CFA Institute and would like to join the CFA Society New Zealand this can be done by logging into the CFA Institute website.
To become an Affiliate Member of the Society, an individual shall:
(i) be accepted as an Affiliate Member of CFA Institute;
(ii) fulfil such other requirements as the Society may impose consistent with requirements established by CFA Institute; and
(a) be currently enrolled in the CFA Program leading to taking the CFA examinations and being awarded use of the CFA designation; or
(b) have passed Level I of the CFA Program; or
(c) have passed a self-administered standards of professional practice examination in a format established and approved by the CFA Institute Board of Governors
Apply for affiliate membership through CFA Institute. During the application process you’ll be able to select CFA Society New Zealand as your local society.
Associate membership CFA Society New Zealand
This is an ethics-focussed membership serving New Zealand’s finance and investment community, enabling those who do not hold the CFA® charter to come under the CFA umbrella with regards to ethical conduct. Click here for more information.