The CFA Society New Zealand Associate Membership is for people living in New Zealand. It is focussed on ethics in the finance industry, with ethics training formed from the CFA® Program.
Benefits of Associate Membership
- An ethics-focussed membership aligned with the globally recognised CFA® designation.
- Membership in the CFA Society New Zealand community.
- Special associate member events.
- Ongoing online ethics training.
- Gain a point of professional difference within a competitive market by showing a commitment to put investors first.
- The low-down on CFA Society New Zealand and its new Associate Membership.
- Why ethics in finance matters — by building trust and confidence in capital markets, everybody benefits.
- The online training must be completed every two years.
- The training consists of six standards (modules) and includes videos and multiple-choice questions.
- Each standard takes approximately 1.5 hours to complete (8-9 hours in total).
- The modules are based on the CFA Program, adapted for the New Zealand market.
- CFA Society New Zealand has partnered with Strategi who deliver the online training. The training is done through Radar, a platform that has an extensive range of continuing professional development for New Zealand financial advisers.
- After receiving log-in details and instructions the training must be completed within three months.
Associate Members are members of CFA Society New Zealand, not directly with CFA Institute. However, Associate Members do benefit from being part of the network of CFA Societies worldwide.
- Integrity and standards – The renowned CFA Program establishes high standards in ethics, integrity and professional excellence.
- Insights and learning – The Institute is respected for its research and contributions to the finance industry.
- Community – CFA Institute has a global network of 161,000 CFA® charterholders in 163+ countries and regions.
CFA Society New Zealand
- Be part of a strong local finance and investment community and enjoy professional support.
- Events – Associate members enjoy discounted, and sometimes free, access to high quality events. These include presentations, networking, workshops and our annual Forecast Dinner.
- Resources – Through our newsletter, website and social media channels we share the quality information provided by CFA Institute.
- People – The board of CFA Society New Zealand is made up of dedicated finance professionals. A key role of the society is connecting members.
- Standard membership $250 (+GST)
- Radar subscribers $220 (+GST) Radar is the online platform used for the training modules
- Special pricing is available for 10 or more applications, please inquire.
- Radar is the online platform used for the ethics training and offers a wide range of online professional development.
New Associate Members are offered an annual Radar subscription for one year at a discounted price of $320 (+GST).
If you are interested in a Radar subscription, please indicate so here and Strategi Institute will contact you. Alternatively, contact Nicole from Strategi Institute firstname.lastname@example.org phone (09) 414 1300
Above: members attend a free Ethics in Action workshop in Wellington, 14 March, 2019
Become an Associate member
- Complete an Application Form.
- Demonstrate at least two years of professional experience in the financial service sector and/or related industries such as consulting, academia or government.
- Live in New Zealand (this membership is applicable to New Zealand residents only).
- Successfully complete the online ethics training, every two years and within the allocated time.
- Submit a Professional Conduct Statement annually.
- Pay the annual subscription fee.
- Abide by the current CFA Society New Zealand Incorporated Rules.
- Agree to the terms and conditions of Radar; the online platform used for the ethics training.
- Agree to receive emailed correspondence from CFA Society New Zealand.
- Authorise the investigation of all statements made and information provided with respect to their application.
Promoting your Associate Membership
- Associate Members should state they are an: ‘Associate Member of CFA Society New Zealand’
- You can use the CFA Society New Zealand logo click here
- Please note that only charterholders, who have successfully completed the full CFA Program, are permitted to use the CFA designation after their name