The CFA Society New Zealand Associate Membership is for finance professionals living in New Zealand. It is focussed on ethics in the finance industry, with online ethics training formed from the CFA® Program.
For some background on why the Associate Membership was developed, please link to an article on Why ethics in finance matters
Benefits of Associate Membership
- Being part of CFA Society New Zealand and aligning with the globally recognised CFA brand
- Connecting with the local and global community of CFA charterholders
- CFA Society New Zealand and Associate Member events
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning and the CFA Society NZ library within LinkedIn Learning
- Ongoing ethics training
- A point of difference within a competitive market; Associate Membership shows your commitment to putting your clients’ needs first
Become an Associate Member
- Complete an Application
- Membership is for New Zealand residents only
- Applicants need at least two years professional experience in the financial service sector and/or related industries such as consulting, academia or government
- Successfully complete online ethics training. There are six modules based on the CFA program: (1) Professionalism; (2) Integrity of capital markets; (3) Duties to clients; (4) Duties to employers; (5) Investment analysis, recommendations & actions; (6) Conflicts of interest. This takes approximately eight hours in total.
- Complete two years ethics CPD each year; we will provide this training and content, or you can source your own.
- Members submit a Professional Conduct Statement every year and abide by the CFA Society New Zealand Incorporated Rules
Email us to get more information about the online ethics training, or to receive the full Associate Membership information pack.
Call Kylee to discuss any questions, phone +64 22-0847-964
- Standard membership; $250 (+GST)
- Radar subscribers; $220 (+GST). Radar is the online platform used for the training modules and offers a wide range of online professional development. Please contact Strategi for more information about Radar.
- Special pricing is available for 10 or more applications, please inquire.
“I found the course material both comprehensive and stimulating, with a wide range of learning tools available.
Key to CFA Institute is the CFA Program. Finance professionals who have the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation have successfully completed all three levels of the challenging and highly regarded qualification. There are 167,000 CFA charterholders worldwide (2019 figures).
Associate Members are members of CFA Society New Zealand, not directly with CFA Institute. However, Associate Members do benefit from being part of the network of CFA Societies worldwide.
- Integrity and standards – The renowned CFA Program establishes high standards in ethics, integrity and professional excellence
- Insights and learning – The Institute is respected for its research and contributions to the finance industry
- Community – CFA Institute has a global network in 165+ countries
CFA Society New Zealand
CFA Society New Zealand is part of New Zealand’s small but thriving financial services industry. In the past 19 years, the society’s membership has grown from 15 to 550members. Over this time, awareness of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) brand has also increased and the society has made a positive impact in the local market.
The mission of CFA Society New Zealand aligns with that of CFA Institute; to lead the investment profession globally by promoting the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence for the ultimate benefit of society. CFA Society New Zealand is one of the 151 CFA Societies globally.
Promoting your Associate Membership
- Associate Members should state they are an: ‘Associate Member of CFA Society New Zealand’
- You can use the CFA Society New Zealand logo click here
- Please note that only charterholders, who have successfully completed the full CFA Program, are permitted to use the CFA designation after their name