CFA Society Sydney is delighted to announce it’s third professional Mentoring Programme for 2020, run in association with Protégé.
The Mentoring Programme is open to all members of CFA Society Sydney. It is a multi-faceted, 6-month long development programme that includes:
- A fully supported and structured mentoring experience.
- Matching of Mentors and Mentees along with 1-to-1 mentoring.
- A formal launch, mid-point review and closing celebration.
- Tailored skills building workshops for both Mentors and Mentees.
- Multiple opportunities to network.
Mentor roles are open to executives (non-members can apply) with:
- Approximately 10 or more years’ experience in a senior leadership role.
- A desire to guide and motivate the next generation to achieve their career goals and aspirations.
- The business / industry knowledge and experience necessary to be able to discuss a wide range of topics and situations.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills.
- Integrity and commitment to confidentiality.
- An open and inquiring mind.
- The availability to participate fully in the programme for 6-months and to join in networking and mentoring events.
- Time to provide, 6 x one-hour mentoring sessions. Dates, times and location to be mutually agreed with your Mentee.
Mentee roles are open to members with:
- A minimum of 3 and a maximum of 7 years’ work experience and currently employed.
- A CFA charterholder and a Member of CFA Society Sydney
- The desire to proactively advance in your career and optimise your potential.
- A strong commitment to achieving your goals, initiatives, and aspirations.
- Be based in Sydney for the duration of the programme, ending October 2020.
- Able to attend the ‘Speed Matching’ event on 24 March and Launch on 5 May 2020.
- A willingness to accept feedback and to be honest about your positive and challenging attributes.
- An open and inquiring mind and the flexibility to change.
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity.
- The availability to participate 70-80% in the programme from March to October 2020.
- Time to manage and drive 6 x one-hour mentoring sessions. Dates, times and location to be mutually agreed with your Mentor.
- Complete an evaluation form at the end of the programme.
- Upon acceptance to the programme, pay a fee of $200 (this helps to subsidise the cost of the programme)