There are three membership types, primarily dependent on your level of work experience:
- Regular membership is intended for those with at least 48 months of appropriate work experience. If you have completed all three levels of the CFA® Program or both levels of the CIPM® Program you must become a regular member to receive your CFA® charter or CIPM® certificate.
- Affiliate membership is intended for those with less than 48 months of appropriate work experience. Affiliate members are members of CFA Institute and have access to CFA Institute resources.
- Candidate membership is intended for candidates enrolled in Level I of the CFA or CIPM Programs. It does not provide membership in CFA Institute. Upon passing Level I we hope that you advance to regular or affiliate membership to take advantage of the benefits of CFA Institute membership.
You do not need to have completed the CFA or CIPM Programs, or even intend to undertake either Program, to become a member of CFA Institute and CFA Society Melbourne.
The table below summarises the three membership options:
Regular and affiliate members are required to demonstrate understanding of the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct. This can be demonstrated by:
- Passing Level I of the CFA or CIPM Programs or
- Completing the CFA Institute self-administered Standards of Practice Handbook exam which is free of charge and takes between 30 minutes and one hour.
- Two professional references are required if one of the references is a regular member of CFA Society Melbourne.
The membership year runs from 1 July to 30 June and is not pro-rated.
If you have any queries regarding membership options please contact us.