Performance Attribution Specialist – Funds Management
Leading fund manager seeking a performance attribution / unit pricing specialist
- Leading fund manager, Melbourne CBD, $100K plus bonus
- Offers best in class investment products
- Growing Fund. Diverse analytical reporting position
Our client is a leading fund manager that is undergoing significant growth and is currently seeking a Performance Analyst with a strong investment operations background. Reporting to Head of Operations, you will be responsible for assisting with the daily performance measurement across all portfolios and products.
Your responsibilities include:
- Leading the data control and performance calculation process of equities and multi-asset portfolios;
- Providing and communicating regular / ad hoc performance and attribution reports to front office, and completing client reporting;
- Reviewing daily and/or monthly unit pricing ensuring correlation to the expected fund performance;
- Designing and implementing work flow and business processes to meet data control, efficiency and performance reporting requirement;
- Reviewing current team processes, with a strong focus on automation and process improvements; and
- Actively engaging with external vendors to maximise system’s potential.
The ideal candidate will have 5 plus years’ experience within a Fund Manager or Custodian and have the ability to calculate investment performance of portfolios that comprise multiple instruments and asset classes. You will have a confident can-do attitude, posses’ superior attention to detail as well as strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Degree qualified (preferably in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Commerce);
- Completed or progressing towards CA/CPA/CFA is ideal;
- Strong experience in performance measurement and analysis across multiple asset classes;
- Strong understanding of various methodologies used to calculate investment performance;
- Experience in funds management, custody or fund administration;
- Experience with the following vendor systems is ideal: Style Research, FactSet, MSCI / Riskmetrics / Barra, Bloomberg or similar portfolio analysis systems;
- Expertise in Microsoft applications including Excel, Access, and VBA is preferred; and
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a highly respected funds management business. If you are interested in learning more about this position please contact Matt McGilton at Kaizen Recruitment on 03 9095 7157 or apply via the email link to the right