UniSuper is one of Australia’s largest superannuation funds, managing more than $70 billion of our members’ life savings. Our internal investment capabilities and focussed membership base distinguish us from our peers, and well over half of our assets are managed in-house.
Reporting to the Head of Global Strategies and Quantitative Methods (GSQM) there is an opportunity for an analyst to join our GSQM team. This team is responsible for the fund’s international equity strategies, including both internally and externally managed portfolios. Our strategies encompass quantitative and fundamental analysis, and are tailored to a range of superannuation products.
You will support the management of UniSuper’s global equity strategies, both internal and external.
Learning from our experienced analysts, across the asset class spectrum, and contributing to decisions on how our portfolios are structured.
The role represents an exceptional opportunity to carve out your own niche.
Key duties include:
- Assisting the monitoring of existing portfolio positions and market movements
- Identifying, sourcing and assessing new investment opportunities
- Portfolio administration, operations and implementation
- Analysis to support asset allocation with the fund and to support external manager selection and ongoing evaluation
- Strategy research and development to identify investment thematics and opportunities
- Collaboration with other asset class teams within the Investment Department
Your passion for investments will clearly shine, and you will be a comfortable presenter. Motivated to achieve and equally comfortable collaborating with peers as you are working autonomously. We are interested in ” how you think” as much as what you think.
The following experience will ensure you are prioritised in your application:
- Ability to program ( script automated tasks) and a capacity to undertake quantitative analysis (eg stochastic analysis, optimisation, big data manipulation etc)
- An Economics / Finance / STEM – related degree
- A broad asset class background
- Approximately 3 to 4 years’ experience in a relevant area
- Attention to detail with high numeric, verbal and written skills
Please note the recruitment and selection process will include technical testing as part of the success criteria
For further information or to apply to the role, please attention your application to Liz Duncan, Talent Acquisition Manager or Alisha Hook Talent Acquisition Partner or click on the link below: