Teekay is a $13 billion global market leader, one of the world’s largest marine energy transportation, storage and production companies with transnational operations across its core businesses, including liquefied natural gas (LNG), crude oil shipping and offshore oil and gas production and logistics operations. We have 45 years of successful business growth and service to the world’s biggest companies. We expect more in the future.
Based in our office at Banksmeadow in Sydney, the primary focus of Teekay’s Business Development is on identifying and developing projects and contracts to meet the Commonwealth maritime needs in operational, crewing, engineering, supply and maintenance support.
The Business Analyst is responsible for providing all aspects of financial, business and project support to BD department. Involvement includes, but is not limited to, market research, analyzing trends, assisting with tender preparation, forecasting, financial modelling, preparing presentations and providing other project coordination and support as required. This is a great opportunity for the individual to hone their analytical mind while making a meaningful impact on the future of a large international company that is a leader in its industry.
- Responsible for financial modelling and financial analysis support for business development initiatives and update the business development forecast model.
- Maintain Australia Operations forecasting in conjunction with Finance &Accounting and Strategic Development Management Teams.
- Assist with managing tenders and preparing tender documentation.
- Monitor and analyze trends and developments in the Australian public sector and specifically Defence, Navy and Border Force.
- Produce various internal / external documents and reports (e.g. presentations, commercial proposals, memos).
- Be part of Project / Tender teams and work with other departments in Teekay’s Australian operation as required.
- Identify and analyze new business lines/adjacencies for the company including market research and preliminary financial analysis where needed.
Requirements (Knowledge, Skill and Abilities):
- Strong analytical skills including data analysis and financial modeling with a high attention to detail.
- Post-secondary degree in Business or Finance, with a strong understanding of finance and/or accounting
- Business curiosity, the ability to identify strategic issues and think outside the box.
- Takes initiative and is a quick learner.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and work within an environment with changing priorities.
- Willingness to travel.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in financial modelling and analysis
- Completion of, or study towards CFA credential
- Shipping industry experience.
- Familiar with ASDEFCON templates
- Meet the requirements associated with Department of Defense Baseline Security Classification
What you can expect in return;
At Teekay you will find an engaged workplace alongside 8,000 professionals across the globe. Within all this wonderful diversity, this is what brings us together:
We live by our #TeekaySPIRIT values – they always guide our actions, no compromises.
People who are committed to excellence, developing their professional experience as they deliver organizational outcomes
An open collaborative workplace where you can have immediate impact
A workplace where everyone is a leader
Challenging work in a dynamic environment
A competitive total compensation package including extended health benefits, superannuation, short-term incentive awards, flexible spending allowance.
Check out www.lifeatteekay.com to learn more about who we are, where we’ve come from and what it’s like to be part of the Teekay family.
Emailed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27 July 2018