CFA Society New Zealand is pleased to offer study workshops for candidates preparing for the upcoming level 1 exam. The programme is being generously sponsored by Kaplan Schweser.
This is a great opportunity to improve you chance of success in the upcoming exam and build those all-important professional connections.
- The programme supports candidates with resources, tutoring and peer support
- Candidates get to know each other, engage with our local charterholders and build connections amongst the CFA community
Who is eligible: CFA Candidates enrolled in December 2018 Level 1 exam.
Where: The workshops will be run from Massey University Albany Campus, free parking is available. Aucklanders must attend in person, people from outside of Auckland will join by video conference (instructions will be emailed).
Cost per person for all the workshops: $50 face-to-face (Auckland), $35 video conference (outside Auckland). Note that the cost is extra for Aucklanders because of the networking event, the face-to-face tutoring and more opportunities to attend events.
What you’ll get from the workshops:
- Workshop sessions led by volunteer tutors that are CFA charterholders.
- Online discussion with group members.
- Attend Kaplan Schweser online classes (during the Saturday workshops)
- Get special insight on the exam-taking process with Schweser’s ‘Secret Sauce’.
- Review key formulas on-the-go with QuickSheet.
- Complimentary invites to some CFA Society events.
- There will be a casual ‘meet and greet’ event for Aucklanders
Workshops are held on Saturdays as this fits best with most people’s schedules. Each workshop will have different content. You do not have to attend every workshop. The workshop dates are:
Saturday 1 Sept, 10.30-11.30am, Introduction
Saturday 15 Sep, 10am-12pm, Quantitative Methods Economics -Currency Exchange rates
Saturday 29 Sep, 10am-12pm, Financial Reporting & Analysis Income Statements, Balance Sheets, and Cash Flow Statements
Saturday 13 Oct, 10am-12pm, Equity Investments , Fixed Income
Saturday 27 Oct, 10am-12pm, Corporate Finance, Portfolio Management & Wealth Planning
Saturday 10 Nov, 10am-12pm, Derivatives, exam day tips & preparation
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register or for more information