Equity Research Analyst - Infrastructure & Utilities
What is the opportunity?
To analyze, model and write research on the Infrastructure & Utilities sector including thematic pieces drawing on our global franchise. Deliver actionable research and recommendations to our domestic and global equity sales force, traders and investment fund managers. This is a great opportunity to work for a company that is a leader in the infrastructure space.
What will you do?
- Build financial models and write detailed, action orientated research reports
- Analyze developments in this sector and maintain timely research
- Deliver thematic research leveraging our global knowledge in this sector
- Discuss your analysis/findings with salespeople, traders and clients
- Contribute to RBC’s strong infrastructure & utilities franchise
- Support and answer client queries as they relate to the coverage universe
- Market our research to domestic and global clients
- Visit company management and operations around the world
What do you need to succeed?
- At least five years’ experience as a Research Analyst in financial markets
- 10 years overall related experience
- Strong economic and/or finance background with Master’s degree in Economics or Finance preferred
- Strong analytical skills with experience in financial modeling and detailed spreadsheet work
- Knowledge of regulated asset base business models - infrastructure, concessions or utilities – an advantage
- Superior customer service focus, strong verbal communication skills for internal and external clients
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Commitment to task and an attention to detail
- Strong PC skills specifically in Microsoft Office applications and sourcing data from the internet, various publications and market data services
Nice to have:
- CFA qualification
- Independent, confident, self-motivated, pro-active and mature
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies