Chief Ratings AnalystJob Number:J00054679 Sydney, New South Wales AU
Equifax Australasia Credit Ratings Pty Ltd is a licensed Credit Rating Agency, and is a leading provider of counter party credit ratings in Australia. The company continues to enjoy strong growth, being recognized for our local market knowledge, customer centricity, analytical rigor, and depth of coverage.
The Chief Rating Analyst is a critical role responsible for providing technical leadership and direction to the broader business, while ensuring the quality and integrity of the credit ratings process. As a Responsible Manager of the Australian Financial Services License, Chief Rating Analysts are responsible for the conduct of their team, ensuring regulatory compliance and liaising with regulators (as required).
Chief Rating Analysts also chair Rating Committees, facilitating robust and rigorous debate around the ratings opinion and rationale. Chief Rating Analysts present the agency's rating rationale, analytical views and market trends to the management of rated businesses and various market constituents, including investors, issuers, bankers, government and members of the media. As such, Chief Rating Analysts are responsible for building the brand in the market, providing thought leadership and presenting at industry forums.
So what will you do day to day?
- Responsible Manager of the AFS License including liaison with regulators and external auditors on ratings compliance, as well as internal stakeholders
- Provide technical and thought leadership, developing and updating methodological frameworks and ratings criteria
- Lead a team of ratings professionals and work collaboratively with peers to deliver high quality ratings research and ratings surveillance activities.
- Establish and provide ongoing training, coaching, and direction to team members.
- Liaise with management of issuers and rated corporates, and present to clients and provide support to Account Executives
- Review rating reports and rationale, and w rite detailed commentary relating to the credit quality of rated entities
- Chair Rating Committees, evaluating the credit ratings rationale, assumptions and evidence-based analysis to opine on credit ratings
- Represent and speak at industry forums, contributing to editorials, and promoting a professional image to clients and the broader business market
- Provide a senior technical escalation point for queries, and provide support to the Head of Solution Delivery and Workflow team.
- Comply with all applicable policies, procedures and rating requirements, and promote the organisation's values and code of conduct
- Assist in the preparation of short and long term plans for analysts - delivering direction, process improvement, development plans and organisational support.
- Undertake regular one to one meetings, team meetings, training and coaching for all direct reports
What are we looking for?
- Master's degree in banking, finance, commerce or economics
- CA/CPA/CFA qualified
- Industry experience, with extensive debt capital markets exposure and demonstrated credit ratings expertise.
- Very strong technical skills across finance, treasury, accounting, ratings, economics and risk management, together with a deep knowledge of debt capital markets.
- Significant leadership experience, having successfully managed and lead a team of professionals across numerous engagements.
- Demonstrated experience in presenting to the board and C-level executives of large scale businesses.
- Deep understanding of Government and Regulatory processes, with a strong understanding of the impact of regulatory compliance on business.
What's in it for you?
A great chance to join a business with big growth aspirations. We are a fun, energetic, adaptable and professional team who love what we do.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.
Function - Data and Analytics
Equifax is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.