CFA Societies of Australia celebrated their 20th anniversary on October 5th 2016. Over 350 guests attended the birthday dinner in Sydney, including CFA members and our industry colleagues. It was a great evening of the community coming together over terrific entertainment and important reflection.
Highlights included a video interview featuring ten of the past and present presidents, as they looked back at history and forward to the future; and Geoffrey Robertson QC reprising his role as host of the TV series "Hypothetical" with senior industry figures on the theme of rebuilding trust.
The distinguished panel included:
- Gladys Berejiklian MP and NSW Treasurer,
- Jillian Broadbent AO,
- Michael Dwyer AM and First State Super CEO,
- Jennifer Hewett AFR Columnist,
- Peter Kell ASIC Deputy Chair,
- Mark Lazberger CFSGAM CEO,
- Rebecca Maslen-Stannage Herbert Smith Freehills Partner,
- Nick Pride from Ord Minnett,
- Anthony Serhan CFA Sydney Society President, and
- Julian Morrow from ABC's Chaser.
The discussion covered a wide range of contentious and not so hypothetical issues including incentives, regulation, SRI, and ethics, while entertaining, also left many with great food for thought.