A CFA designation represents a deep knowledge of investing, a commitment to ethics, and a passion for always putting investors first. All of which make our members professionals who are fully engaged in raising the standards of the investment management industry. Hear what this designation means to Leila Lee, CFA and Richard Brandweiner, CFA who have both been actively involved in the CFA Societies of Australia community for a number of years.
Why it Matters
Three simple letters that mean so much more than the words behind them. Ask any one of the 125,000 charterholders around the world who’ve earned the Chartered Financial Analyst designation and they’ll proudly tell you why they put those letters at the end of their names.
- They’ll tell you that it’s the most rigorous certification program for investment managers.
- That it gives them a comprehensive and proven understanding of investment management.
- That it demands strict ethical guidelines when dealing with investors while always putting their interests first.
- That employers feel reassured because of a charterholder’s ability to understand clients.
- That developing markets rely on charterholder expertise to help shape policy and regulations for emerging economies.
But what our charterholders will speak most glowingly about is how complete they feel as investment management professionals. How well-equipped they are to navigate the uncertainties of the financial world. And how committed they are to raising the standards of the investment management industry.
Because, for them, those three letters make a real difference.
For Investors: Learn more about partnering with a CFA charterholder By partnering with a CFA charterholder, you’re partnering with an investment manager who always puts investors first — someone with proven knowledge and who’s fully equipped to navigate the uncertainties of the financial world
For Employers: Learn more about hiring a CFA charterholder By hiring a CFA charterholder, you’re hiring someone with unparalleled financial knowledge and the communication skills to convey even the most complicated financial matters to your clients — you’re hiring someone who’ll contribute to the integrity and credibility of your organization
For Professionals: Learn how to get involved with the CFA Program The CFA Program provides investment professionals with a strong foundation in advanced investment analysis, real-world portfolio management skills, and a passion for always putting clients’ interests first